For immediate release
The Globe Cinema will remain open and welcoming our vibrant Calgary community as normal. In light of recent developments regarding COVID-19, we feel it is important that we share with our valued patrons our prevention plan.
The Globe Cinema, Calgary’s artistic hub in the heart of the city is committed to providing our community with innovative and diverse film and other artistic programming. Our number one priority is always to provide a unique and safe experience for our patrons and clients. Although Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low, moving forward, we are proactively staying up-to-date and in communication with national and local health officials as well as implementing preventative procedures to promote a safe and enjoyable experience to our patrons.
Some of the preventative measures we are taking in response are:
- Disinfecting of all theatre arm rests, handles, doors, and public contact surfaces on a regular basis, including during major festivals happening on-site.
- Providing more hand disinfection stations throughout the facility.
- Complimentary disinfecting wipes available to our patrons upon arrival to use throughout our venue
- Daily ventilation of our theatres to better circulate airflow through out cinemas
- Beverage refills will be given in fresh cups, ensuring that used cups do not come in contact with serving equipment
- We will be issuing complimentary passes for future screenings for patrons that have flu-like symptoms prior to or upon arrival at the theatre. For advance notice, call our office or email us to exchange tickets
- Increased signage encouraging proper hand-washing at all washrooms
- Patrons may request a separate empty popcorn bag if they do not wish to share their popcorn with other members of their party
- Increased staff training and increased sanitation procedures
We are grateful to the Calgary arts community and especially our patrons for their ongoing support and loyal patronage. We have some exciting changes coming to the Globe Cinema and we will continue serving our community and nurturing the arts.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our General Manager if you have any questions. We look forward to serving our vibrant artistic community.